After several strong showings from the Team USA swimming team and a number of other sports, the Americans have finally pulled ahead of Team China in the medal standings with 54 total medals and 26 gold medals.
Here is a look at the top five medal count, in a wholesome 8-bit glory:
And here is a look at the major events coming on Sunday:
Selected Medal events:
- GOLD: Gymnastics, Men's Floor, Women's Vault, Men's Pommel Horse (8:00 a.m.)
- GOLD: Badminton, Men's Singles & Doubles (7:00 a.m. Broadcast: NBC Sports, 2:00 p.m.)
- GOLD: Diving, Women's 3m Springboard (1:00 p.m.)
- GOLD: Fencing, Men's Team Foil (12:00 p.m.)
- BRONZE: Badminton, Men's Singles & Doubles (Broadcast: NBC Sports, 3:00 a.m.)
- BRONZE: Tennis, Men's Singles, Women's Doubles and Mixed (6:00 a.m. Broadcast: NBC 8:00 a.m.; NBC Sports 11:15 a.m.)
Selected Key Events:
- Basketball, China vs. United States (Broadcast: NBC, 10:30 a.m.)
For updates, stay tuned to SB Nation St. Louis. For comprehensive coverage of the 2012 London Games, visit SB Nation's Olympics news hub. Stay up to date on the medal count with Sports Illustrated's tracker.