MIzzou head coach Frank Haith is in a tough spot with regards to his first recruiting class as head coach of the Tigers. Though Haith has been in Columbia for over eight months now, the nature of the recruiting cycle has dictated that his focus be on the 2013 class and beyond. Aside from that, maybe the biggest issue has been finding players that will fit into the program has Haith transitions from ex-coach's Mike Anderson's run and gun, "Fastest 40 Minutes in Basketball" system into his own more traditional style.
Haith's 2012 class is heavy on big men, an attempt to balance out a team that, per Anderson's system, is heavy on guards and swingmen. Here is the full list of commitments expected to sign in Missouri's 2012 class (all ratings from Rivals):
- Domonique Ball, 6' 4", SG, Tilton, NH (no rating)
- Tony Criswell, 6' 9", PF, Independence, KS (three stars)
- Quantel Denson (JC), 6' 8", PF, Paris, TX (three stars)
- Stefan Jankovic, 6' 9", PF, Huntington, WV (three stars)
- Ryan Rosburg, 6' 9", C, Chesterfield, MO (three stars)
- Shawn Smith, 6' 3", SG, Chicago, IL (three stars)
- Negus Webster-Chan, 6' 6", Huntington, WV (three stars)
(via Power Mizzou)
For more on the Missouri Tigers, check out Rock M Nation, SB Nation's Mizzou blog.